I'm a sign maker. I like making signs. It's that artistic, creative vein in me, that need to make a perennial "statement" on ... well, whatever I need to say at the moment.
Expressions.
And signs make them timeless.
Here is one of the signs I've made. Granted, not an original design, but I didn't wanna spend $$$ for what they were asking for this sign in a mail order catalog..."Nah," I said, "...I can do THAT!"
It's perfect for placement on the wall leading to the back door of the house.
The thing is, like anything else, I have to be "in the mood" or inpsired to get a sign made. Many of my friends have asked me to make signs for them...they give me a phrase or a word, tell me the colors, etc., and I make them THEIR timeless expression.
I plan to spend the weekend making not-so-permanent signs, but signs for upcoming college football games. I gotta show team spirit, that make-no-mistake-about-it, we are here to win this game kind of support. They will hear me, they will see me, they will know I've been at that game. I bought the very-thick display type poster board from Staples, in red....now I gotta come up with what I wanna say...
an unforgettable statement...
hmmmmm...speak to me, inner voice.....???

No comments:
Post a Comment