Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, August 5, 2011

If It Ain't Broke...

 ... I guess it's okay to "fix it." 

I've never seen an uglier, more pitiful-looking cell phone in my life.  And I thought I had it bad.  My sons have smart phones and data plans, and I'm still wobbling along with my basic phone -- but at least my standard little phone has a qwerty keyboard!!!! Bonus!  Lucky me.

And then there's my friend Karen's phone...

Yes.  That's duct tape.


And this would be the end view of the phone.
Time for new duct tape...?



And this would be the back view.  (Note the sexy, sleak "lines" of this "slimline" baby!)

"But it still works!" she pleaded in defense. 

Needless to say, we laughed our asses off, those in attendance to witness such a spectacle.  We considered contacting the Smithsonian to see if they would be interested in a donation to their historical archives.  Of course, she would have never consented...

I left there feeling spoiled.  My poor, pitiful "dumb" phone was looking pretty smart afterall. 

There's "basic" and there's BASIC.  I guess everything is relative.  

2 comments:

Deborah said...

OMG! Hilarious!

I thought my hubs was the last to jump on the smartphone wagon.

And I was feeling sorry for myself just this past weekend because I have a 'dumb' Blackberry. I had just better quit bitchin'!

smooches

T said...

Don't feel bad...I've had my share of bitchin' too -- must have something to do with the moon.

LOL

Gotta blame it on something!

Moon, menopause, muggy weather.

Somethin' --?