When I glanced at my iphone to see the name of the song and artist, I immediately recognized the name and style from a song I had discovered about a year ago. I had downloaded that song because of its "escape" effect and its cadence. Sometimes I enjoy running to instrumental music like this for that reason. It allows me to get lost in the music, allowing me to release tension and focus only on my running, the music, my senses,
bringing me more IN TUNE with my own RHYTHM.
What intrigued me about this song was its title, however.
Watch the Sky
I began to think to myself, yeah, I do that. A lot. I'm a sky watcher. Totally mesmerized by the sky and its intoxicating beauty, the effect of the sun and the clouds and the moon. All of those things that totally enhance my mood and exorcise the stress right out of me.
Yesterday evening I was feeling a little stressed, edgy. It's been a busy time trying to juggle work with the activities of home, the family, our sons' needs and commitments, places I've needed to go, things I've needed to tend to, call this person, buy that gift, schedule this event, make that appointment...the list goes on ... just stuff. Life. Wanting to have a decent dinner prepared each evening, knowing that Gavin would only be with us for a few weeks before heading back to PA to live and work as he begins his new job this summer. Juggling. Just wanting to get it all done, resolved, fixed, in place, no more worries. No, I'm not a laid back person. When there are things that need done, and I'm short on time, I begin feeling tense and stressed out. I wish I could be more the go-with-the-flow type. I long to be! But that's not who I am.
So last night, after spending the evening preparing dinner, doing piles and piles of laundry, helping Gavin make decisions and phone calls while searching online for an apartment in PA, I knew that I needed to do a little cardio to help me release some of the pent-up tension that had been mounting all day. I grabbed my iphone, my ear phones, my water bottle, and switched on Pandora. The last light of day was bidding farewell as I began my walk through our neighborhood.
After a couple of minutes, I looked up at the sky
and my tension almost immediately began to melt.
The sky. It was so
beautiful.
As usual, it absolutely took my breath away.
I smiled from deep within as I drank in this masterpiece.
The clouds were parting,
playing hide and seek with the last light of day,
waltzing rhythmically
the glow of dusk washing them
with varying shades of blues...denims and navy
then with streaks of pink and peach from the fading sun.
A symphony of movement and color, changing second by second.
I wouldn't dare look away.
Don't wanna miss a thing!
Vanishing tension.
Floating right out of me and up and away.
Absorbed into those clouds,
into the sky,
then out of mind,
out of sight.
Gone.
Let it go.
Let it flow.
Watch the sky...
Everything's gonna be all right.
No comments:
Post a Comment