Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

He Made It!

My plan was to take the day off, 
but my circadian rhythm wakes me up EVERY day 
at 5:00 a.m.
I pee.  I go back to bed.
And just before falling asleep, I hear the garage door opening...
GAVIN'S HOME!
I grab a jacket hanging on the chair
(modesty, no bra)
and race downstairs to greet him and Phelan.
God, it's good to have him home.
He drove all that distance after getting off from work at the wee hours of the morning, so he could beat the snow.  
Well, he didn't exactly beat the snow...but granted, there was less traffic, 
which means less idiots, safer travels. 
And now I can enjoy this beautiful blanket of snow
at this season of blessings and gratitude.
I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

So he and Phelan go to his room to get some sleep.

And me?
Now what?
I do what I do. 
I fix coffee and read emails and reflect...
I wander into the deepest recesses of my mind,
searching, sorting, thinking,
beckoning a fusion of both tears and smiles
and I remember.
I drink more coffee.
I stare out the window at the falling snow.
I think about all the things I need to do today.
Gym was to be first up...
But I know that Colton & Gavin will likely want to go to the gym today too, so maybe I should wait and we could all go together later today.
My legs/hams/glutes were STILL sore yesterday (Tues) after Saturday's workout.  In fact, I struggled rising out of the chair by Sunday night.  I can't remember having that much muscle soreness in a very long time.  Hurts so good!
Yesterday was arms and abs.  Am I ready for another leg/glute day?  Yikes.  I know it's best to work it out.  I can do high rep lighter weights maybe.  Yeah.  That'll work.  So yep, I'll wait and go with my boys guys.

I drink more coffee...
I listen to Winter Sonata on Pandora.
As the snow continues to fall.
I know it makes traveling dangerous and hectic.
But it's so beautiful.  
Like the ocean, and the moon, and sunsets, and sunrises,
I see it as if for the first time.
The elements sing to my soul.
This is ecstasy.
The simplest pleasures.

No comments: