Stripped...then the first coats of poly over the new finish
Loving the darker finish.
Two more coats to go!
Before
Before
It's getting there!
Waiting on the granite installation,
then the oven,
the sink, and
the backsplash.
So. While remodeling our kitchen,
we've removed a small pantry
to help streamline our kitchen
making it more linear.
I've considered salvaging the door to the pantry
to use for wall art
hmmm....??
I've been researching and digging,
Houzz,
Pinterest,
magazines...
contemplating
weighing options
and I'm thinking about doing a wet-distress
painted finish over this oak door
painted finish over this oak door
give it some age and character
switch out the brass hardware for wrought iron
I'd even thought about maybe a little crackling
on parts of the finish.
And while browsing,
I found this video.
Within the first 20 seconds or so, I'm laughing out loud.
(Just watching her mouth!)
(Just watching her mouth!)
Oh, how I needed this laugh.
I'm tired of camping in a tiny room.
I'm tired of camping in a tiny room.
This dust...the mess...I'm so over it!
But it's winding down.
And a new kitchen is on the horizon!
It's GOOD!
(But I'm not going with turquoise. Or red. Nah-uh!)

1 comment:
That kitchen is going to be more than fantastic. The size of it! The floors are looking so lovely.
But god woman, I don't know how you are not losing your mind. Chaos is draining. But the end is in sight.
Post a Comment