Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lesson Learned: Check Washer Fluid On Frigid Days

It's ridiculously cold.  Winter just came crashing in and down around us here in my neck of the woods.  Up until last Sunday night, we'd only received about an inch of snow all winter.   And rather consistently mild temps.

Until now.

Did I brag too much?  Is that it?  I'm getting paybacks.

Paybacks are hell.

My face is cracking.  My hands are dry.  My lips are chapped.  My washer fluid froze up (and I didn't know it until I was on the highway headed to work).  I'm eating out of pure boredom -- and a little stress ...?

And my mother-in-law has been here since last Wednesday.  Stranded.  She was supposed to have gone home on Monday, when the earlier forecast was calling for sunny skies.  And then somebody decided to give a hearty shake to our otherwise peaceful, placid snow globe ..... and voila!  Crappy, crazy-cold, snowy winter weather.  And she's still here.  Parked.  Until Lord knows when.  And talking non-stop.

I need my silence.  I miss it.  I forget what it sounds like.

During Duck Dynasty last night I actually hid in  my bedroom so that I could watch the rest of the episode in peace.  Would you not think that when people are staring straight and intensely at a TV screen that they would probably want to hear what's being said?  Is that not a big enough clue?

Noooooooooooo!

Tonight the temps drop even more.  Is this a good night for whiskey?

Maybe Watch the movie Eight Below?

It would be good to be an Alaskan Malamute about now.


6 comments:

Kim said...

LOL…have you seen New England? We are living in thru some crazy snow times…everyone, EVERYONE is CRANKY…you will see spring soon….us, not so much…

So enjoy your blog!

Best,
Kim

Deborah said...

When houseguests stay so long it's never good. I feel your pain!

I'm feeling like you regarding the driest of dry air. My hair feels brittle, my hands are crispy, my legs are flaky, my face feels tight.

Gah

T said...

I can only imagine what NE is like. I have very little to whine about actually.

It's the season for calling upon our collective senses of humor. Laughter can ease all our pains, no?😃

Thanks, Kim.

T said...

Exactly. Slather on the yummy lotions and coconut oil.

She's STILL here incidentally...talking about staying another three or four days. 😳

The Gray Barn said...

What a compliment that your home is so comforting and welcoming that your mother-in-law wants to stay longer, that says something about you and about your daughter/mother-in-law relationship. What a blessing that your boys still have a grandparent they can talk with. I know we get use to our routines and sometimes we just need the quiet but God has kept her there for a reason and you are part of his plan. Duck Dynasty will be on again but the gift of her visit will end soon, cherish this time together.

T said...

That is a powerful last sentence there that I have to admit is true. I will remember that. Thank you.