And so we wake up to snow.
A lot of it.
Rampant flooding and heavy snow, making for treacherous travels,
the governor announces a state of emergency statewide.
No travel unless necessary.
Takes care of my commute to the office!
My husband...? He NEVER misses work.
He tried making the commute,
turning around after less than halfway there.
Me? I'd already been out earlier to a doctor's appointment
that I didn't really wanna have to reschedule,
and since his office is less than a quarter mile away,
and they were open for anyone who could get there,
I decided to go for it.
And on my way there and on my return,
stopped for a few shots of wintry poetry.
By two o'clock in the afternoon,
we're hanging out,
chillin',
listening to Blank & Jones
(who else?)
watching the snow continue to fall.
And with nowhere to go,
we decided to break open a bottle of wine,
Our conversation meanders...
and then
I begin to scan Pinterest boards
while we chatter...
CASUAL CONVERSATIONS
A lot of it.
Rampant flooding and heavy snow, making for treacherous travels,
the governor announces a state of emergency statewide.
No travel unless necessary.
Takes care of my commute to the office!
My husband...? He NEVER misses work.
He tried making the commute,
turning around after less than halfway there.
Me? I'd already been out earlier to a doctor's appointment
that I didn't really wanna have to reschedule,
and since his office is less than a quarter mile away,
and they were open for anyone who could get there,
I decided to go for it.
And on my way there and on my return,
stopped for a few shots of wintry poetry.
By two o'clock in the afternoon,
we're hanging out,
chillin',
listening to Blank & Jones
(who else?)
watching the snow continue to fall.
And with nowhere to go,
we decided to break open a bottle of wine,
Our conversation meanders...
and then
I begin to scan Pinterest boards
while we chatter...
CASUAL CONVERSATIONS
ME: This is awesome...Isn't it? We should declare this our personal national holiday.
HIM: March 5th? Yeah...our very own?
ME: It's historic...how often do we get a free snow day like this? Isn't this amazing?
Look at the snow...how beautiful!
ME: It's historic...how often do we get a free snow day like this? Isn't this amazing?
Look at the snow...how beautiful!
HIM: Yeah...
Wanna open a bottle of wine?
Wanna open a bottle of wine?
ME: Sure. Yeah! Perfect.
And as our conversation drifted, aimlessly, we began to realize how lucky we were to have this uncommitted day to do whatever WE wanted to do. Nowhere to go...no obligations...no clocks...Just talk. Laugh. Drink wine. Dream...
(a few giggles later...)
ME: (flipping through Pinterest pins) Oh, look at this Pin ... this is a fabulous! Do you like this color?
And as our conversation drifted, aimlessly, we began to realize how lucky we were to have this uncommitted day to do whatever WE wanted to do. Nowhere to go...no obligations...no clocks...Just talk. Laugh. Drink wine. Dream...
(a few giggles later...)
ME: (flipping through Pinterest pins) Oh, look at this Pin ... this is a fabulous! Do you like this color?
HIM: (The rhetorical uh-huh)
ME: Wait -- hold on -- let's see...where should I Pin this one ...
HIM: Pin it to your ass! (trying to steal a kiss)
ME: Is this good music or WHAT?
HIM: Uh-huh.
ME: You know, this could be an effective marketing tool for your salon clients ... think about it...women are there to get beautiful, right?...and they're into the moment...getting pampered...feeling more beautiful by the moment...getting all fussied up for their significant others...and the music? ... hey...it sets the stage for their stylist to then turn to them and say, hey, we have this new product I wanna show you...you're gonna love this ... and they're snared!
HIM: Oh, you think so?
ME: Yes. I know so. It's all about atmosphere. Set 'em up... mood enahancement...(giggle)...I'm tellin' ya,this would work....You should mention this at your next sales meeting.
HIM: They won't listen to ME.
ME: Then invite me as the guest speaker...."Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce our next speaker...her topic?...Seduction 101."
(...as I peer over the top of my wine glass)
(laughter)
ME: Is this good music or WHAT?
HIM: Uh-huh.
ME: You know, this could be an effective marketing tool for your salon clients ... think about it...women are there to get beautiful, right?...and they're into the moment...getting pampered...feeling more beautiful by the moment...getting all fussied up for their significant others...and the music? ... hey...it sets the stage for their stylist to then turn to them and say, hey, we have this new product I wanna show you...you're gonna love this ... and they're snared!
HIM: Oh, you think so?
ME: Yes. I know so. It's all about atmosphere. Set 'em up... mood enahancement...(giggle)...I'm tellin' ya,this would work....You should mention this at your next sales meeting.
HIM: They won't listen to ME.
ME: Then invite me as the guest speaker...."Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce our next speaker...her topic?...Seduction 101."
(...as I peer over the top of my wine glass)
(laughter)
And a bottle of wine later,
the snow even more beautifully blissful,
the music having evolved into crescendo...
we share a toast to romance ...
and snow days with nowhere to go and nothing to do
but listen to beautiful music...
drink wine...
and kiss.
Snow days hanging on into March
when we thought we were over winter and oh-so-ready-for spring?
2 comments:
omgosh . . . this was the sweetest post ever and I'm so envious of a lovely day like that.
The music you mention in a salon is key. But a glass of wine wouldn't hurt!
Love this post!
And the pictures are dreamy! Wet snow always makes for the prettiest winter pictures.
Post a Comment