Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Giving Autumn a Welcome Party

  • Remove all spring and summer deco from porch
  • Sweep the porch
  • Remove all cushions, rugs
  • Hose the porch
  • Squeegee the porch
  • Stain sign/board
  • Put spring/summer floral away
  • Decorate porch with fall deco
  • Replace rugs and cushions 
  • Prepare baked spaghetti casserole for dinner
  • Vacuum entire downstairs
  • Shop vac garage
  • Take a break in the sun on the patio
  • Shower, wash hair, get dressed
  • Go to local market to get weird gourds
  • Stop by Sherwin Williams for paint
  • Get groceries
  • Arrange gigantic gourds by front entrance
  • Spray "tired" grapevine garland antique white
  • Sand and paint sign base coat
  • Trace lyrics on sign
  • Hand paint lyrics
  • Chill with a glass of wine and YouTube's Secrets of Ibiza, Mix 6, Beautiful Cafe Del Mar Mix 2015 ... and listen to the rain on my clean back porch
Ahhhhh...it's a good Saturday.
My beloved antique cherry pie safe...I'll never let it out of my sight!
Raffia, baskets of leaves and sunflowers shout autumn
The honeysuckle vine from NC, adorned with fall leaves
and Indian corn...my bunny vase holds autumn potpourri.
A .99 cent Goodwill bargain--a rusted brass vase,
painted to resemble silver birch

Fall sunsets drench the sky in breathtaking color
Stage one...a wedding gift
...and on to the finishing touches...

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm still in denial. Still wearing my Havaianas. Still wearing shorts. Still enjoying temps in the 80s! I lose a season (except winter!) after a long fight!

Your work looks so lovely!

T said...

We all live in denial most of the time, though, right? That's just our coping mechanism.

I'm still wearing shorts too, but now I keep a cotton jacket handy. I'm done with the 80's temps though. My idea of perfect temps are days in the low to mid 70's.

It will be interesting to see if the weather predictions we're hearing pan out.

Deborah said...

My sister! 70s are my favorite temp as well. This fall, for our area, it's been lovely and sunny. I've hung outside at local festivals poking through flea markets while the temps are in the 60s even. That works great for me!

Again, all your work is gorgeous tPretty.

T said...

Fall is the best time for festivals. Sounds like fun.

By the way, your most recent comment on this post was for some unexplained reason "awaiting moderation." Have I screwed up my account settings inadvertently...??? (sigh)