Relax in THIS room?
What a challenge...
If this were my bathroom, I'd never leave!
I'm making myself unplug. After all, it IS Friday. And I've worked my brain into oblivion this week -- practicing YET AGAIN for my realtime exam, to the point I'm pretty sure I dream in steno; not to mention working my butt off in the gym (combined with a clean diet, of course) to get off the ten pounds I gained from about the last week in December until two weeks ago when I finally said, "Enuf!."
Damn, why has it gotten even HARDER to get this crap off? Damn menopause. Evil, relentless, unforgiving, calculating, menacing menopause. The scale won't move! But I refuse to give up.
Just like I refuse to give up on passing my CRR exam. My practice and effort has been doubly concentrated this time around. I practiced for so long today I felt myself wanting to collapse onto my steno machine the last practice dictation. My dutiful mind was willing, but the flesh was weak, pleading, stop this, please!
It's been a full day. An hour at the gym at 6 a.m. this morning, a full day at work, followed by an hour plus of practice when I arrived home. I finally did it. I pulled the plug on GETTIN IT DONE.
What caught my eye about THIS one ...
well, for starters, the label...
"Espuela"
which actually means "spur," I think.
But what did I know?
It had a mysterious and seductive ring to it, piquing my interest.
(insert raised eyebrow)
But more importantly, the label read:
"...reputedly rich in flavors of crisp apple and fresh peaches..."
That did it.
Well, because the recipe calls for peach sparkling water and fresh peaches.
Perfect!
And though I don't have fresh peaches
-- not yet! --
I happily placed the bottle in my cart.
Let's give this one a go, T...
...and began launching the new concoction this evening...
And so I mixed the peach sparking water, a 1:3 ratio with
Espuela Del Gaucho Torrontes,
and ohhhh, yes.
This is very good, okay?
And I'm not even a big white wine fan.
And then I added a little Johannes Linstead for good measure.
So, yes, this will be on the beach with me later this year
for Cocktail of the Day.
Adding fresh peaches, of course.
And how am I feeling now?
Just peachy.
Happy Friday.


2 comments:
That sounds so delicious. And yes, you can't have that bathroom because I'm needing it! Teasin cuz we both can have it. Maybe? I do need a new bathroom. Ha!
My Deborah, I apologize. Just now wandering back to my blog and realized there was a comment awaiting moderation. Just WHAT have I done to my settings to cause THAT? And I'm not here often enough to remember how to navigate!
Yes, that yummy, from-another-time-it-seems bathroom! Makes me happy that we're both drawn to its welcoming sanctuary. I've been trying to paint my master bath for months and I can't get in the mood to do it. How it needs a reno!
Post a Comment