Many projects have been accomplished:
- Planted grass seed just off the patio in the bare spots -- we have CLAY MUD here, not real dirt, and it gets tracked all over everything!
- All winter florals and decor packed away and stored in the attic -- with our new drop-down ladder that my husband installed on his last trip -- yay --and new spring florals added, a new spring wreath for the front door, and general spring cleaning throughout the house
- A newly installed brick wall for my sunroom. It is magnificently authentic looking!
- Faithful daily cardio
- A repurposed sign -- an arm/hand/finger pointing, that used to say, "The Good Stuff's in Here," hung over the pantry, and now says very simply "LAKE," hung on the patio, pointing to the lake, obviously. It's perfect.
- I've helped my neighbor dry-brush her patio screen from stark, pukey-white to driftwoodish-looking, with the white peeping through. Huge improvement.
I've probably left a few things out. I've enjoyed quiet time each morning with coffee, prayer, and devotions -- the perfect and ONLY way to start the day. I've spent afternoon patio time with my silly neighbor who I adore and am blessed to have as a friend. I've thrifted once. I shopped a few times locally, finding a perfect little wooden stand with iron accents for my master bath. I've read books, magazines, and listened pretty much non-stop to music. My newly -found favorite from YouTube GUITAR del Mar Vol. 2 Balearic Cafe Island Lounge -- the perfect background "escape" music.
Life is better at the lake. I want this to be my permanent home. I can't wait until we can make that happen.

4 comments:
All of that sounds absolutely heavenly. You have a good eye and this all sounds good and perfect. I think I already said that! Life is good at the lake.
Beautiful! That brick wall is amazing, love it!
Thank you. It definitely transforms a room. :)
Thank you. It definitely transforms a room. :)
Post a Comment