Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Time to Give Thanks

My son arrived home from college yesterday afternoon for the Thanksgiving break -- unannounced!  I thought he would be arriving TODAY.  So I hadn't prepared anything for dinner.  My youngest "picks" at food, and so he's easy to cook for, his menu preferences being limited.  I had to leave not long after he'd arrived home for a singing engagement, so no time to prepare a welcome-home meal for him.

He announced he had begun low carbing on Sunday, would eat LC through Wednesday, and then refeed on Thanksgiving Day; repeating that cycle with a once-a-week refeed -- his nutritional game plan, now that football season is over, as he begins leaning out for his upcoming track season.


I quickly prepared one of my famous (delicious) Pumpkin Protein Muffins (low carb, of course) with a cup of green tea for my on-the-run dinner, and allowed him to taste it.  We enjoy swapping nutritional/training ideas and such, and I had a feeling he'd appreciate this new concoction I've stumbled upon.  He did.  And just before I left for the evening, he proceeded to scramble 10 eggs and 6 slices of baked ham with cheddar cheese into an omelet, and devoured that with 1/3 gallon of milk -- straight from the jug.  That should hold him a few hours at least.


Mental note to self: 
Remember to stop by grocery store and buy more eggs
and lots more milk...
and meat...and ... (cha-ching!)  G is home.

I felt an immediate sense of love and pride and joy and thankfulness for my family, for our blessings, for our faith, our health, our love. 


And as I left out the door for practice, there was already a "song in my heart" as I reflected on God's gracious bounty of blessings. 


2 comments:

raydenzel1 said...

I am guessing from your picture that someday you will be forty, in about 10 years, wow. please no blushing!
happy thanksgiving to you too!

T said...

Oh.My. Forty?

I must remember to give thanks for sweet people who "lift me up" as you do, RJ.

Thank you! And let's all count our blessings -- one by one.