Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, October 14, 2011

Better Than Sex Brownies

That is the official name of the recipe I'm in the process of making.  There is history behind this recipe.  Everyone on the planet should try these brownies.  At least once. 

This recipe, when taken to events, parties, outings, is always the FIRST to go, not even a crumb left in the bowl.  (I've even witnessed people trying to dig remains off the sides for that last fleeting bit of yum.)  It's one of the simplest recipes in the world, but yet it wows all who have the privilege of partaking in its sumptuous, scrumptous, seductive powers.

My husband is one of two videographers for the local high school football team.  He and another guy travel with the team and coaches every Friday night to capture play-by-play action for the team, a learning tool for all.  Every now and then I will prepare a plate of snacks for them and the coaching staff, and it's always gratifying to get feedback from their appreciation.  Knowing this was a  WINNER recipe, I sent a plate of these down to the field house one Friday evening a couple of years ago ... and the rest is history.  It is now renamed by that crew as "T's Brownies."  To this day, I can run into one of the coaches out in public, and they still ask with puppy-dog eyes ...."So when are you gonna bake us some of those fabulous brownies?"

I've been very busy this season preparing for a competition and trying to balance that around LIFE.  Not a lot of down time.  Who am I kidding?  None.

But I've taken the day off, and regardless of having a mile-long list of things to accomplish today on my day off (having just returned from a week-long educational seminar and playing catchup), I have decided it's way overdue...they're getting their brownies.  Tonight.  I'm feeling rather benevolent.  (It's the season.  It does this to me!)

And the recipe?  Oh.So.Simple.

BETTER THAN SEX BROWNIES

Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (prepared according to box)
2-3 large Hersheys Toffee Almond Symphony bars, broken into small chunks

Prepare the mix.  Spread one-half of it in the bottom of a 13x9 pan sprayed with Pam.  Cover the batter with the broken Symphony pieces.  Top with remaining batter.  Bake according to package directions, watching carefully not to overbake.

Let cool COMPLETELY before cutting.

No comments: