Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, October 3, 2011

Why Do We Cry?

Sometimes our emotions overcome us and we have no recourse but to release.
And we cry.
Because we must.
And because it washes the bad away...at least for a while.
An emotional purging, cleansing.
A time to cry.


Seth: Why do people cry?
Maggie: What do you mean?
Seth: I mean, what happens physically?
Maggie: Well... umm... tear ducts operate on a normal basis to lubricate and protect the eye and when you have an emotion they overact and create tears.
Seth: Why? Why do they overact?
Maggie: [pause] I don't know.
Seth: Maybe... maybe emotion becomes so intense your body just can't contain it. Your mind and your feelings become too powerful, and your body weeps.

~~ From CITY OF ANGELS

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm a frequent crier. I get made fun of (affectionately) in my family, but I kinda like that about myself.

BTW - you are doing so good regarding your training! Amazing as always T.

T said...

Deborah, I'm maybe not a "frequent" crier, but I can cry easily. I usually hold it back, but realize that when I don't, and let it go, the purging always does me good.

And thank you, D. I'm trying. Giving it my best. :)