Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, October 19, 2012

Let's Get It Straight


I have naturally wavy hair.

And I fight it every day.  Why?  Well, don't we always want what we DON'T have?

This is my hair after showering and blowing it dry for about three minutes, then letting it dry naturally for the next 45 mins. 

untouched -- T-style





Since 2009 I've been getting Keratin treatments to keep it straight, silky, smooth.  The way I PREFER it.  

Using a flat iron every day to get the same result?  Yes.  I can.  I have.  I DO.  

But with Keratin, it's SO much easier.  



I can take a shower, blow dry my hair, and barely have to smooth the ends at all ... ready in a flash with a fresh Keratin treatment.  The Keratin Complex treatments last about three to four months, depending on the weather and a few other variables.  

Back-Porch Fridays

Las Vegas


After the first six weeks, I have to begin flat-ironing it just a tad.  High humidity days, even more -- in fact, when vacationing at Marco, even with a fresh Keratin treatment, I still have to rely on the flat iron to counter the humid summer climate there.


Does that mean people out west, Arizona or Nevada... 
do they have great hair all the time?

Yes, I'm overdue for a Keratin treatment, but I'm a little low on funds these days, so I just keep putting it off.  It's not cheap!  (But can you put a price on no-fuss, smooth, sexy, carefree primp time?)  So I spend a little more time every other day, progressively more and MORE time -- flat-ironing my hair.  Fortunately, I'm one of the lucky ones who can get by with washing my hair every OTHER day.  But without a fresh Keratin treatment, the second day I have two choices -- either au naturel or a ponytail day.

Not sure I can fight the "frizz and waves" much longer...even having the luxury of great styling products at my disposal -- my husband is in the industry!  Perks!  Freebies!  

My hair is color-treated, and the crazier/wavier it is, the more porous it becomes.  After a while I find that I'm working even harder to keep the ends silky and shiny while doing the
 au naturel thing than I would be trying to flat-iron it.  

After all, my time is worth SOMETHING ---- No, it's worth a lot.  The "fringe" benefits of Keratin Complex!

For a bit longer...just a bit, hopefully... I'm stuck with workin' it... goin' with the "flow."

Que Sera Sera…
Good hair day vs. bad hair days ... 
frustrations ONLY MY HAIRDRESSER KNOWS

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Interesting! My hair totally needs a Keratin treatment. I like the photo of your wavy hair. I'd love it if my hair did that!

T said...

Do you have any natural wave in your hair at all? Maybe with a little help from styling products -- there are lots of curl/texture enhancers out there -- it would do the wavy thing relatively easily.

As for Keratin, if you want super smooth, silky, shiny, healthy locks -- highly recommend Keratin Complex. Everyone I've ever talked to LOVES what it does to their hair.