These little casual conversations are what make bring the ordinary to life. Full blown color. HD. Meaningful. Memorable. They tend to add credence to our relationships with others.
I'm going to begin blogging conversations now and then as a way of preserving them. Something tells me that I'll be glad I did some day. They may not seem very important now, but some day...yeah, some day they'll be far more precious.
THE FAT CAT
C: Hey, Mom...(pouring himself a glass of milk)...we just saw a fat cat a few blocks up the street...like FAT...HUGE/FAT...(laughing out loud now)...he saw us coming and he kind of like scooted out of the way, kind of, rolling out of the way... big ol' belly....(laughing)...."uh, let me get outta da way...here comes a car..." (laughing)
ME: (Laughing as I'm placing an online order, listening, typing away) Yeah, well, we kind of have the Cat Ladies to thank for that. They go out every morning with their little plastic bag of food, and cats from all over the neighborhood come running like their tails are on fire........why they think that's okay to do that, I have no idea ...
C: We're gonna have an entire village of fat cats...
ME: Yeah...They should stop that crap...those cats aren't exactly "starving cats" to start with .... and when I'm running in the morning, they see me coming and think I'm the Cat Ladies...they practically run right up underneath my feet....gotta swerve out of their way....
C: (laughing) ... yeah, and they say to themselves, "False alarm. It's just that mean woman ...and I don't think she likes us anyway...."
ME: (laughing)....Yeah, "...It's that mean ol' bitch that NEVER feeds us....get out of her way!!!"
C: (laughing) .... yeah....well, that fat cat needs to go without food for a week or two....
Casual conversations. I'll look back on this some day and my heart will smile.
2 comments:
LOLOL and why do peeps overfeed pets?? My vet wants me to get THREE MORE pounds off of my dog. He had his knee replaced and Dr. Amos said George would be PERFECT with three pounds less. grr! Maybe when it stops snowing we can go on walks!
You and your boys are killing me this morning. Thank you so much! :)
LOL
Poor George. No respect.
As for being trapped by inclimate weather, my middle son would take care of that for you if he lived with George.
He was playing fetch with Chessie last winter when he was home from school -- ON THE STEPS -- up and down, up and down, and that poor dog's tongue was dragging the carpet...He kept shouting, "WORK those glutes! WORK those glutes," as she ran exhaustedly after that damn thing. Too funny!
Fingers crossed for a beautiful weekend for you guys!
Post a Comment