Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, May 3, 2013

Final Season

Spending time with my middle son last weekend,
my last opportunity for watching him throw shot for his track team,
was well worth the long trip and long day.
 
 
He continues to inspire me to stay on top my game.
My game.
He's clearly on top of his own.
 
Having to beef up last fall for his final football season, he had gotten up to around 280-285 lbs.  He's dropped since December down to 236--officially since his text to me two days ago--excited to see the progress on his fat loss agenda.  And as for shot?  He got it done, knocking out 2nd place in the finals.
 
One happy boy!
 


 
After the meet we stopped at their Walmart to pick up a few things for him while he stayed to cheer on the rest of his track team for the rest of the meet.  While there I grabbed five -- exactly FIVE -- hot wings from the deli.  I was starving, and it wasn't clear what time we'd end up eating dinner.  I figured wings - no breading - was a good low carb choice. 
 
They didn't have napkins at the deli counter, so I figured no big deal, I'll just grab some out of the glove compartment from the car and chow down "on the go."  But I was interrupted by the beautiful display of plants and flowers from the garden center that I had to pass by to get to my car.  Of course, I HAD to stop and gawk.  And linger.  And gawk and linger.  I finally decided, to heck with this, napkin or not, I'm starving.  So I opened the wings container and began chowing down as I browsed through plants and flowers.  I was certain that my face was covered with an attractive orange face paint from the wings, but it didn't faze me.  (Hey, I don't know any of these people!)  My hunger was more important, and I was in total lah-lah land, both from the wings and the gorgeous flowers
-- I'm hungry, and I'm in love with spring!  I want it all!
 
We had dinner later that evening with my son and his girlfriend, stopping back at his dorm afterwards to pick up a load of stuff to haul home.  The year is winding down, and our next trip up will be for his graduation. 
 
And here it is Friday once more, after a very busy week in court.  So glad to be home, having a glass of wine, listening to tunes, and getting ready to tackle a few projects around the house, mostly for the patio/porch/garden.  It's so Friday.   
 Time to bliss out!

 

3 comments:

Deborah said...

That is hilarious!

Look at the muscles on that kid! Holy Hannah!

raydenzel1 said...

lovers moon, one word...perfect!

beth said...

i love your track star son....as i was a track star myself :)