Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Shut Up and SQUAT

I'll be leaving for the gym shortly.  I've had morning coffee on the porch, going over emails, listening to the birds, drinking in the beauty of the masses of green all around me -- the trees, the lawn, the budding flowers.  I want to sit here forever! 

But there's work to do this morning.  It's leg and butt day at the gym.  Saturday is my most intense gym day, and I don't like to miss it.  It's a privilege for me, not at all a chore.  I'm weird like that.  It's just what I do, I guess.  It's who I am.

We had dinner last night with friends.  She's just recently joined my gym, and she's rather clueless about weight lifting.  She feels intimidated, but she really wants to make changes in her body, drop the weight, tighten up, and start eating healthier.  She's asked for my help.  Well, I'm her woman.  Most obliged, my friend. 

watch and learn!

 So we made a date.  We are meeting at the gym at 10:30 and she wants me to show her five -- yes, only five, she insisted, fearing information overload -- exercises that she can do this week.  Five.  Hmmm.  Oh, I really don't like limitations.  Don't tell me when to shut up.  Well, on second thought, yeah, maybe I DO need to be told to shut up, because I'd have a tendency to go on and on and on and ... hey, it's what I do.  I love working out.  Weird like that, I guess.

So I'll be showing her five things for legs and butt.  Squats will DEFINITELY be on the list.  Firm and lift thy ass!

Hope she's had a good night's rest.  Get ready to torch it, girlfriend!



2 comments:

Deborah said...

I am envious of your friend!

Share what you have her do! Five might seem like much to you because you're a guru, but I get what your friend is saying.

I bet you'd be a great trainer.

T said...

I'd love to have BOTH of you join us. As I like to say: Bring it, build it, burn it.

:)