Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, November 1, 2013

FNL-- Dream On


Maybe that's how the stringent, poker-faced, somber-minded types 
view us dreamers.

Idiots.
Silly.
Out of touch with reality.

"Uh, excuse me...I'm afraid I have to leave.
You're boring me to tears."

Where would we be without our dreams?
How boring life would be.
What's wrong with a little make-believe
even when we're all grown up?

So I have this dream that I spend a few weeks every year in Venice;
on business...
What business?
I don't know.  It's a dream.  
Dreams have lots of fill-in-the blanks, right?

and in the next dream I dream that ...
I'm a rock star
or a sultry jazz singer on a long-term stand in Vegas...
I'm a famous painter
or photographer;
or
that I co-own a gym in the middle of a busy metropolis
where I live in a high-rise apartment overlooking the city.

Sometimes I dream that you are there too.


You were in my dream last nightagain.


“In dreams you don’t need to make any distinctions between things. Not at all. Boundaries don’t exist. So in dreams there are hardly ever collisions. Even if there are, they don’t hurt. Reality is different.
Reality bites. Reality, reality.”
-      Haruki Murakami


Dream until your dreams come true.


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aaaah, this is great!

I "dream" while I'm awake all the time. I dream I live by water. I dream I get to see all of Europe. I dream millions of things.

This makes me happy reading it.