Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Joy to the Third Degree


the pond shrouded in frozen mist

a young willow’s branches crusted with icing



I could
pass this by
focusing only on the inconveniences of driving on icy roads
a frigid morning commute
on a three-degree winter morning.
I could
dwell on warmer, longer days
ripe with color
an instant gratification of ease and comfort
life more predictable.
I could.
But I’d miss the beauty of this moment.
The joy of now.
Every minute of life has an element of sacredness.
To slow down and focus on the simple
brings fullness
joy
and satisfaction
to an otherwise cold and bleak morning.
With eyes wide open,
I stop to taste the beauty 
and the wonder
of winter.
The holiness of life.
A feast to withhold.
And I smile.
And I give thanks.

~T


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Yes! The moment! They're all good.