Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, January 18, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes

Totally turned around.  My mood.  What a difference one day makes.

I woke up this morning and noticed that the bedroom felt slightly cooler than usual.  Now that I'm having constant hot flashes, it being cooler isn't much an issue with me, so I paid it not a lot of attention and headed downstairs to make coffee.  On my way downstairs, I glanced at the thermostat.  62.  Sixty-Two.

Oh.My.Gosh.  Did I do that?  Did I turn it down to 62 last night when I was having a meltdown?  I giggled to myself.

As I was pouring myself a cup of coffee, my husband came downstairs and said, "Did you know the thermostat was set on 62?"

ME:  "Really?"  (inner giggle)

JFD:  "No wonder I froze my ass off last night!"

ME:  "Coffee's ready."

Guys have it too easy.  Cold?  Put on more clothes.  Pile on more blankets.  Hey, I'm woman.  I have issues.

Two hours later I'm dressed and headed for the gym.  I invited him.  He declined. Of course he did.  My workout was finally back up to par.  The last couple of weeks my energy has been in the toilet and my appetite out the roof.  I'd lost focus over the holidays, and it seemed I was finally getting my mojo back.

As I was finishing up, my clothes and gym towel soaked with sweat, I could smell a yummy aroma coming from The Grill.  I know!  I want a Power Pizza!  It had been months since I'd had Power Pizza.  It's made with whole wheat crust with only a bit of olive oil, lean chicken, fresh veggies and sauce.  It's aMAYzing.  I placed my order and asked them to have it ready in 45 mins, long enough to go home, have my post workout protein, shower, and then head back to the gym for my long-awaited post workout meal.

On my way from picking up the pizza, I stopped at the convenience store on the way back home and grabbed a diet A&W root beer to have with my pizza...and a six pack of Samuel Adams for my husband.  I decided to surprise him with a new brew, one he hadn't tried before.  Latitude 48 IPA.

Back home, I chowed on my two slices of power pizza with my root beer.  Mercy.  SO delicious.

And then I decided to try the SA beer.

Ugh.  Bad choice.  Way too stout for my tastes.  After three sips, I handed it to him.

ME:  Here.  You wanna try this?

JFD:  You don't want it?

ME:  I don't like it.  It's too...uh, strong?  Stout?  No.  I can't drink this.  Here (handing).

JFD:  You drink it.  I don't want a beer right now.

ME:  Oh, come on.  Drink it.  Don't you want a beer while you're watching the football game?  Ummmm!

JFD:  FOOTBALL game?  Are you serious?

ME:  (Glancing at the TV)  Oh.  I mean, uh, the basketball game.

JFD:  (Shaking his head laughing)

ME:  Hey, I'm not paying attention to the game.  I don't even know who's playing.  I don't CARE!


JFD:  Drink it.  You can drink it.  Go ahead.

ME:  I don't like it....(pause)...hey, do you think they'll let me take the 5-pack back and exchange it for another kind?

JFD:  (laughing)  Oh, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.  '...uh, excuse me, ma'am, uh, I don't like this beer, and uh, I was wondering if, uh, you'd let me bring this back and switch it out for another 5-pack, you know, kind of an even trade thing...?'

ME:  (laughing harder)  Yeah!  Whadaya think?  Should I give it a shot?

JFD:  (taking a sip of my beer)  What I think is that we need to see if anyone wants this beer.  I don't know.  It's okay for the right moment.  Maybe like when you're sitting out by the fire on a cold night.  This is the kind of beer for that occasion.

ME:   No.  Not even then.  Not for me.  
Oh, well.  It was the thought that counts, right?  I wanted to surprise you with some new beer.  I guess I should stick to what I know.  

JFD:  That was nice of you to think of me.  

ME:  I know.  I'm nice like that.  (Sexy smirk)  Your turn...




1 comment:

Deborah said...

You two are adorable!

I know nothing about beer. I like Corona with a lime slice for cryin' out loud! No class!