Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, August 8, 2014

It's Friday. Make It Ridiculously Amazing

While browsing Craigslist for the Charlotte, NC, area yesterday evening, I wandered over to the real estate/vacation rentals section -- no particular reason -- and was scanning down the list of ads, when I saw an alluring ad for lakefront property listed for a crazy-low price.  My curiosity got the best of me.  How can this be?  I must check this out.


My first reaction:  WTF?

And then I laughed at how ridiculous this ad was.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Ironically, based on the wordiness of the ad, the seller was apparently quite proud of his custom-built dream home.  I guess it takes all kinds.  We shake our heads in disbelief sometimes, questioning how or WHAT people are thinking when they do what they do.  

Weirdosis.

I think that's a word...isn't it?  If not, it should be.


I guess it's okay to be weird.  Who decides what's weird and what's normal anyway?

So.  Moving on.

My agenda for today:

  • Get into a Friday ridiculously amazing frame of mind.  
  • Stop by Capitol Market for some fresh tomatoes (since ours are showing no interest in ripening anytime soon)
  • Make a return to Gabriel's; those "juniors-cut" black dress pants that I eyeballed instead of trying on - their dressing room annoys me -- are unfortunately too snug.  Of course, they were, considering most juniors pants are made to fit ostrich legs.
  • Stop by Goodwill and unload four large boxes of "excess" -- ahh, the joy of decluttering!
  • Run by the grocery store for almond milk, asiago cheese, chicken breasts, fresh spinach, and a bottle of yummy Spanish red.
  • Leave work a little early to beat the traffic (and maybe the rain)
  • Tidy up the back porch, light some candles, listen to some Blank & Jones...or, second though, maybe just listen to the rain.

Time to Unplug

1 comment:

Paul S said...

The property ad is priceless, it cracked me up and Weirdosis gets the thumbs up from me too.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend!