After two shots at raising teenagers
-- make that TWO TEENAGE SONS --
one would think the third one would be easier.
I have so much to more to learn.
So many unanswered questions.
I thought I had this mom thing down.
But I definitely do not.
Why does everyone make such a big deal
about the terrible two's?
That stage was NOTHING in comparison
to the teenage years of 15+.
Having worked in the court system for 30 years,
I have heard it all pretty much,
the horror stories and heartaches of raising teens.
Some learn. Some never do.
Whose fault is it?
Why can't they understand that we do what we do
BECAUSE WE LOVE THEM?
Sometimes the frustration
of feeling so inadequate as a parent
is more than I can bear.
My lifeline in times like this is my
Eternal Compass.
I'm thankful that He
KNOWS EVEN MORE THAN GOOGLE.
And that he loves me enough
to never leave my side.

2 comments:
omg - that newspaper article! How perfectly said is this?
I have NEVER understood ANYONE who said or ever says that they are bored. wtf?
When I was a kid you wouldn't DARE say you were bored because my parents would invariably say, "Oh? You're bored? I've got something for you to do." Ha!
Yep. Perfect said it is. Had I been in his courtroom, he would have received a standing ovation.
This is one subject that deserves deeper discussion.
Teenagers nowadays are way too narrow-minded. They never learned to think outside the box like we did. A shame.
Post a Comment