First it's endless commercials. And endless campaign signs. And then it's endless voicemails filling up my answering machine. (Delete, delete, delete!) And now my answering machine at work!?! (Delete, delete, delete!) And then the brochures begin littering people's windshields, mailboxes and front door knobs. I'd add radio stations to this list, but I don't listen to local radio, only Pandora -- because I'm a jazz addict ... and a Blank & Jones addict ... and I live in West Virginia, so no further explanation is needed.
I digress.
Last week they began lining up NO PARKING signs around one side of the courthouse, so trying to maneuver out into traffic after exiting our parking building was rather taking life into my own hands, considering the absentee voters parked as close to the corner of the curb as they could, making it nearly impossible to see when it was clear to pull into traffic.
And this morning. The cones. Those damn orange cones are EVERYWHERE, circling the perimeter of the federal and state courthouses, cop cruisers with their blue lights flashing parked among them.
Uh, right! And so how am I supposed to get into my parking building, I ask? Watch this ... as I hastily maneuver in and out of them -- you know, those tricks I learned off Turnfast.dom? Yeah. Those.
Move, people, I'm coming through.
Thank God Election Day will be over tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment