Time to hit the gym. I've been working on my running at the gym on the track. The turf makes running much easier on the joints and I'm getting kind of hooked on this. I always loved running anyway. Just hard to pull it off in the winter with the icy streets and cold morning temps. Running on an indoor small track is a bit monotonous, but as long as I have my playlist ramped up, I'm good to go. The aim is to increase my time little by little until I'm running a solid 5K again. I'm making progress.
Fighting the creep, I've decided to do an about-face with typical protocol -- which is weights first, then cardio, so as not to use up all your energy and glycogen for cardio and wimp out with your training, thus making no gains with muscle building. I'm putting that on hold for time being. I'm running first, THEN training.
Giving this a month or so. Let's see what happens.
1 comment:
I used to always to my weight and strength training first and then do cardio until so many gym-trainers said it should be the other way around. I think you're right! Save the strength for the important work and then finish with the cardio.
You so SMRT!
Post a Comment