Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Marry Me

She asked if I would mind helping with the decorations for the reception.

Would I MIND?

Silly girl.

And so it's been a work in progress...collecting bits and pieces here and there...brainstorming for the PERFECT look...bleaching pine cones...collecting acorns...harvesting timber off the farm...and on and on and on...

It will be a Catholic wedding, themed with The Love Chapter, 1 Corinthians 13...with whispers of Irish blessing.  They want woodsy, rustic elegance.  WRE.   The advent of an eclectic style...?

And I've had a blast crafting!  Give me a project, give me a sign...I'm on it.


A dining room transformed to craft room




 ...for the cupcake and candy table...

...she wanted to honor Mom...
(sniff)

themed table numbers



and amen...


4 comments:

The Gray Barn said...

It looks like you captured exactly what they want, this really is rustic elegance at it's finest. I love all the attention to detail and I'm sure they are very thankful for your creativity, you are very talented and this is magazine worthy. Jen

T said...

Thank you, Jen.

AJay said...

Beautiful! I love the country theme. My husband and I had a very traditional Catholic wedding ceremony (Latin Mass), but our reception was just silly fun. Because my husband and I love the outdoors and country settings, our wedding cake was a tree stump with our initial carved in it. You can see it here: http://richmondcakes.com/whimsical-wedding-cakes/# Fourth row from the top, middle.

I hope you have/had a lovely time at the wedding.

T said...

Oh, what an awesome cake!

They love the outdoors too, everything about it. They've very down to earth, simple people... so rustic and woodsy was the only way to go. It was not a traditional Catholic wedding, given that he's a Baptist -- That shortened it a bit! But it was a beautiful, memorable serviced, and the reception was over the top. Had.a.blast. :)