"The word that is heard perishes,
but the letter that is written remains."
- Proverbs
Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Eleventh Hour Memoir
I can't even remember the last time I posted on my blog. Not that it matters. I basically am writing to myself. But, see, I believe in the cathartic bliss that comes from spilling your thoughts onto paper a journal. So here goes. I'll start and end with the things that make my heart happy these days.
Ray LaMontagne. LaMontagne??? How's that for a sexy name? And WHERE has HE been all my life, and why am I just now discovering him. His style wraps my heart into one big hug. And isn't he gorgeous? I have listened to this man's music all day. I have Amazon Prime, and the Amazon Music Player, and after hearing one of his songs on Pandora while painting (and sipping wine) yesterday evening -- I can't even remember which song it was that I heard now -- I pretty much jerked to attention, glancing to see: Okay, WHO is THAT VOICE!!! And to my surprise and salivating delight, his music was included on Prime! How about THAT!
I spent the next several minutes downloading song after song after song ... Oh. How. I. Love. His. Music.
And to anybody who stumbles upon this blog? Just take a listen. Get lost in THIS.
This guy plays in my Pandora stream and I didn't even know how wonderful! Your photos are serene and lovely.
I'm, right at this moment, at the lake and while making coffee saw a momma and her two babies (deer) on the lawn on the lake side. They stopped when they saw me in the window and I got a good long look. Oh so beautiful!
Each and every time I'm at The Lake, I think of YOU. I do. "...I wonder if Deborah is at her lake right now?..."
And one of my favorite pastimes is sitting on the patio (or in the sunroom in winter) and watching the wildlife outside. We don't have deer, but we have squirrels, chipmunks and lots of birds. So funny to watch them chase.
One day a squirrel scurried down the tree and stopped suddenly, you know how they do, "Squirrel Freeze" game? And then after a furtive look to the right, then left, he stretches his body up,long and high, till he's like a long, skinny stick with a little head atop, stretching to see ... what? What do they look for? And I thought to myself: I wish simply standing taller would make ME look that skinny!
4 comments:
This guy plays in my Pandora stream and I didn't even know how wonderful! Your photos are serene and lovely.
I'm, right at this moment, at the lake and while making coffee saw a momma and her two babies (deer) on the lawn on the lake side. They stopped when they saw me in the window and I got a good long look. Oh so beautiful!
I'm so happy for you my friend. xxoo
Even though we do not know each other, when I heard about Irma hitting Marco Island I immediately thought of you.
Thank you for thinking of me. I pray that it will recover to its pristine, simplistic paradise. :(
Deborah,
Each and every time I'm at The Lake, I think of YOU. I do. "...I wonder if Deborah is at her lake right now?..."
And one of my favorite pastimes is sitting on the patio (or in the sunroom in winter) and watching the wildlife outside. We don't have deer, but we have squirrels, chipmunks and lots of birds. So funny to watch them chase.
One day a squirrel scurried down the tree and stopped suddenly, you know how they do, "Squirrel Freeze" game? And then after a furtive look to the right, then left, he stretches his body up,long and high, till he's like a long, skinny stick with a little head atop, stretching to see ... what? What do they look for? And I thought to myself: I wish simply standing taller would make ME look that skinny!
Post a Comment