Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, October 12, 2017

[Part of] Life

Although it's October,
the summer is holding on desperately,
selfishly.

I wanted cooler temps when I arrived at the lake.
I wanted a fire.
And a glass of wine.
I wanted to see a little color.

And I whined for a couple of days 
while Mother Nature
ruled with high humidity and a middle 90's heat index.
In October???

And then I gave in to the lake.
I should have known I'd find solace there.
A breeze.
Air and balance and quietude.

Wow.
Was it ever peaceful!
I pretty much had the lake to myself.
Just me, the birds, and a butterfly.

And my speaker...
playing Neil Young's Harvest Moon.
Oh, my.

Stop whining, T.

Count your blessings.

Lake life is awesome!




Project:  Painted my wicker chairs driftwood.  Love.


Light a candle...just...wherever. 
Inside, outside, all around.





2 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh those chairs turned out great!

Things that bring joy. Even when we don't expect it yes?

T said...

Thanks, Deborah.
Yes. And this season -- Christmas, now -- fills me to overflowing joy. I love the energy that the beauty and joy evoke.
I miss blogging. I seem to have less time now for that, but it definitely is cathartic. Blessings to you and your family, my friend.