I stumbled upon this prayer this morning. A morning when, like so many other days in my past, I wanted to talk with Him, pour out my soul. But the words wouldn't come.
And yet He knows. HE always knows the words. Long before I even speak them.
And He knows what I need, even before I do. And yet He patiently waits ... waits for as long as it takes ... for me to acknowledge this to Him.
Oh Lord, sometimes my insides feel like a battle zone, where missiles are falling too close to home. Other times I'm caught in an endless storm, with thoughts flying out of control. Confusion reigns, and defeat creeps in to steal my joy. I need your peace—the deep-down-in-your-heart kind that stays with me day and night and speaks confidently into the wind. Calm my anxious spirit, Lord; all the attacking "if-onlys" and "what-ifs" fill me with needless worry.
I know that trust is a big part of experiencing peace and that fear has no place in my life. Most of the things I worry about or dread don't even happen. So I'm declaring my trust in you. I'm releasing the reins of my life again and asking you to take control.
I may need to pray this same prayer daily, but I'm tired of the frenzy of life that leaves my schedule and my thoughts without any margin. I need more of you, Lord, and less of me.

3 comments:
This is some powerful stuff.
Oh Miss T. I wish you could teach me how to have this faith. I know it would be comfort, but I never seem to get there.
I think of you guys in your new place and relaxing at the lake and that is a kind of faith yes? Faith in a good life in spite of anything that may be thrown.
xxoo good woman!
Deborah, I want nothing more than to teach you how. But I wouldn't be a good teacher. The best teacher is a little kid.
Watch them. Listen to them. Solid, no-questions-asked, I-believe-you-without-flinching kind of faith. The kind that makes every day so much more fun, you know? It's gotta be that way. It can't be learned, or taught, or mimicked, or earned. It's a total surrender of self to our Creator, knowing that we can accomplished NOTHING without Him anyway. It's total surrender, the kind that puts a child into peaceful slumber. It's the only way. And the best way to start every day. Hugs, my friend.
Post a Comment