Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day



On Valentine's Day, I wanted to bring together a mere sampling of my favorite quotes on love.  Though my list is actually endless, these are a good start for a single blog entry.  A heart fatally pierced by Cupid's arrow, my personality is living proof -- particularly obvious to those who know me, REALLY KNOW ME -- that I am an incurable romantic.  I suppose there could be worse labels; therefore I make no excuses.

But how did I get this way?  When did it begin?  Or WAS there a beginning?  Has it just always been, no beginning and no end?  How has my life been affected by these forces?  All questions which have riddled me for as long as I can remember.  Omg, my mind wanders ...smiling...a flashback to Barbie days...she was in love with GI Joe because he was a Man's Man and had the body to prove it.  Ken just never quite did it for her.


Indeed, being an incurable romantic 
is as much a curse as it is a blessing.

But for the one day out of the year when it's perfectly acceptable to be "over the edge" about love and romance without being noticed or judged or questioned, I can unleash the giddiness.


Happy Valentine's Day 
to all those who have been blessed by true love.



"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. 
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." 

-Judy Garland



 Love is when you don't want to go to sleep
because reality is better than a dream.

- Unknown 


Love is running into his arms, colliding with his heart,
and exploding into his soul.


Love won't be tampered with, love won't go away.
Push it to one side, and it creeps to the other.

-Louise Erdrich



Love is the energy of the soul.
Love is what heals the personality.
There is nothing that cannot be healed by love.

- Gary Zukov


"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me.
That's what I hope to give to you forever.
I love you."

- The Notebook

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
Maybe they always have been and will be.
Maybe we've lived a thousand years before this one
and in each of them we've found each other.
And maybe each time we've been forced apart for the same reasons.
That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years
and a prelude to what will come."

- The Notebook








Love is giving someone the power to destroy you…
but trusting them not to.


Before you, my life was like a moonless night.  
Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ….
And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. 
Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. 
When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, 
everything went black.  
Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. 
I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.  

- Edward Cullen – New Moon


 
 White tulips.  Always white tulips.


Rice Krispie Treats Valentine For My Son
(Made His Heart Smile)

No comments: