I'M JAZZED! I recently repainted my downstairs half-bath. It's now a deep rich brick red, "Fireweed." I finished the project with polishing touches of word art stenciled around the door facing, down the wall, and around again...the words taking on a life of their own as they seem to dance with THE MUSIC. Framed music quotes hung here and there. And the only things left to do -- free hand a music score behind one of the prints, an abstract display, trailing out either end of a sax print...then stencil a repeated chorus of "I've Got the Music in Me" in smaller print around the baseboards of the room. It all began with my inspiration piece, purchased well over a year ago, hanging out in room after room, looking for a resting place, a home. Over and over it kept speaking to me---better stated: IT WOULD SING TO ME. And it never quit singing as time passed. The music just kept getting louder, begging for my attention.
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME. SO DO SOMETHING WITH ME ALREADY!
And then I stumbled across another steal on clearance at a local discount chain, the PERFECT complement to my inspiration piece...







No comments:
Post a Comment