Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trash to Treasure


Ugh.  Here it is, 2:10 in the morning, and I can't sleep.  I woke up thirsty and jittery.  Likely too much caffeine too late in the day.  But it tasted SO GOOD at the time...!  Paybacks are hell.

I've been going through a major decluttering campaign for the last week or so, and part of that mission has been throwing out old magazines that have served their purpose.  I tend to be a horder when it comes to magazines.  (That word.  Horder.  It gives me the creeps, as my mind flashes to that TV show about horders and the FILTH and insanity that surrounds them.  I can't watch it.  I would have nightmares and be scarred for life.)

Back to the magazines.

So I was going through some Men's Health magazines today, and I have to admit, giving those a pitch was a bit of a struggle.  LOTS of eye candy.  Safe and innocent porno.  Call it what you will.  It's a fun read.  And not just for the illustrations.  There's some really good stuff in that magazine.  I actually like it better than Women's Health.  It rates right up there near Oxygen Magazine in my love-to-reads.  The articles have more meat in them...play on words! ... (oh my mind, how it wanders.  But AT 2:00 A.M. IN THE MORNING?)

So I decided I would try to stick to just WORDS that inspired me, headlines, titles, etc., to create an inspiration board.  I'm gonna glue these words to a board that I've sanded, painted, distressed, then do a poly coat on it to seal it -- at least one coat, maybe two or three.  This should be fun.
Trash to treasure.
Toss the clutter,
save the MEAT,
the good stuff,
the motivation that comes from
"training the brain."

When finished, it will be displayed in a prominent place near my elliptical in the garage, which happens to be near the free weights and Smith machine.  It will give me something FUN to look at during those early morning cardio stints -- far better than a row of shelves stacked with Lord knows what, rows of shoes, ladders, tools, brooms, shovels, mystery boxes...ET cetera.  Ah, yes.  My new wonder wall.

After clipping the words and phrases that sang to me, WORDS that echo my heart, I carefully arranged them into a design, sort of like working a puzzle.  Hey.  Not bad.  It's a start!

No comments: