But here I sit, in my office, which, by the way, is a little overcrowded anyway, with no place to comfortably lie down for a little shuteye. "Comfortably." Key word.
I'm one of those who benefit greatly from power naps. Give me 20-30 mins of midday or midafternoon naptime, and it's like a new day, new body, new life. My hard, concrete floor is calling my name. For these emergent napping attacks, I have stored a roll-up exercise mat and a small toss pillow under my desk. I simply shut my door, turn on some white noise (radio on an off station), dim the lights -- sometimes even light a candle -- and I'm out.
This weekend did not give me an opportunity to catch up on sleep. I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to get dressed and tasks accomplished before leaving for my son's track meet (3.5 hours away). His event was schedule for 10:30-11:00 a.m. He was expecting the shot/discus events to be over with by 1:00 or 1:30. Our plan was to go out for a late lunch with him around 2:00 then head home. I would have the evening to relax and catch up on things around the house and spend a leisurely Saturday evening chilling.
Here are a few shots of shot: Yeah, okay. These made it all worthwhile.
Fast-forwarding this story: We pulled into our driveway at 2:15 a.m., only to get up again at 7:00 to get dressed in time for Palm Sunday events at our church. More events scheduled for late Sunday afternoon.
And now, Monday midday, I'm finally feeling the effects of insufficient sleep, which unfortunately also has a negative effect on my coritisol levels, making me far hungrier than I normally would be, and craving carbs.
Domino effect!
It's time. I'm desperate. The concrete, minimally-carpeted office floor is calling my name.
Lights out....
No comments:
Post a Comment