"The word that is heard perishes,
but the letter that is written remains."
- Proverbs
Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise
Saturday, July 14, 2012
The Very Thought of You
It's Saturday late afternoon, early evening, and as is typical, I find myself listening to slow jazz and having a glass of wine, my wind down. This evening I happen to be listening to one of my best-loved slow jazz icons, Chris Botti.
THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU
How many versions of this song have I heard over the years...
And yet for some reason, this version is the one that moves me the most.
Perhaps it's the haunting vocals of Paula Cole...unquestionably soul-stirring.
Thank you, Lisa. I smile inwardly at that comment, because honestly I think I was born in the wrong era...the popular music for today is so not me. My heart is wrapped far more tightly with 40's genre type of music, and thus my love for jazz. I channel surf CONSTANTLY while driving -- so little "good stuff" offered where I live!
I DID see your reference to your new blog, and I've been covered up this weekend. I definitely want to check it out. I DO have a letter of gratitude that sprung to my mind immediately when I read your mention of it. I plan to share.
I love jazz too.... We used to have this fantastc five piece jazz band, with a soulful singer play on Wednesday nights. They have since moved to the other side..... Boo. I am a 40's girl too..
3 comments:
I love your taste in music....hmmmm...
When you get a chance, check out my new blog!
www.agratitudeletter.blogspot.com It will be right up your alley....
Looks like you are enjoying the summer!
Lisa
Thank you, Lisa. I smile inwardly at that comment, because honestly I think I was born in the wrong era...the popular music for today is so not me. My heart is wrapped far more tightly with 40's genre type of music, and thus my love for jazz. I channel surf CONSTANTLY while driving -- so little "good stuff" offered where I live!
I DID see your reference to your new blog, and I've been covered up this weekend. I definitely want to check it out. I DO have a letter of gratitude that sprung to my mind immediately when I read your mention of it. I plan to share.
I'll check it out hopefully sometime today. :)
I love jazz too.... We used to have this fantastc five piece jazz band, with a soulful singer play on Wednesday nights. They have since moved to the other side..... Boo. I am a 40's girl too..
Post a Comment