Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday's Agenda


favorite STENO brief 
of the day:
T   U   Z

TAKEN UNDER ADVISEMENT


Love that one!  A mouthful, stated constantly by my judge, and I get to write it on my machine in ONE STROKE!

I've made it to Friday, my most favorite day of the week.  There are a list of things I wanted to accomplish today.  Lists are good.  I need lists now more than ever.  Admit it, T -- you can't remember squat anymore if you don't write it down.

My list actually began yesterday.  I had not been able to make it to the gym all week due to commitments in stone Monday through Wednesday.  And although our gym is open on Sundays, I was in no mood to be around people last Sunday.  There are just times when I need to be alone.  Nothing else will do.

I spent last Saturday catching up on errands and chores, having been out of town all last week at the conference, so scratch Saturday.

Thus, it had been ELEVEN (11) days since I'd been to the gym to lift.  I've done cardio several days, and Callanetics about three times.  But I was REALLY missing being able to lift.  I felt spongy!

So I made it to the gym immediately after work yesterday, quickly changing into my gym clothes, grabbing my water, and throwing some boiled eggs in a cooler bag to eat postworkout, since I'd be heading straight to C's football game immediately upon leaving the gym, likely arriving late, and I knew I'd need fast easy protein.  I prefer whey protein shakes with ice, blended up all nice and thick.  So a protein shake in plain ice water 'on-the-go' would never do.  Egg whites served my purpose.



Since it had been so long, I decided to combine upper and lower body and cram in as many circuit-style sets as I could in that 40-min window.  I did BB squats, clean/presses, leg presses, lateral raises, rear delt raises, and weighted incline ab crunches.  Took off my sweat-soaked shirt in the locker room, changed to a long-sleeve T, another T-shirt, and a beefy over-sized hoody over my workout pants, then sped away to the game.  Gobbled egg whites as I drove to his game, tossing the yolks out the window, guzzling water.  Not the greatest, but it worked in a pinch.  As the night wore on, I became colder and colder, mostly because my hair was still wet with sweat, and because the bleachers are metal.  I searched for someone who was willing to share a space on their blanket with me, and that helped tremendously.

I had another protein/fat meal when I returned home, already feeling the effects of a good, productive workout.

Today's list:


  • Early morning Callanetics (20 mins); 10 mins s/s cardio
  • Memorize 20 steno briefs
  • Practice writing that set of briefs x 5
  • Practice speed dictation on Realtime Coach
  • Do last-minute filing
  • Stop by the bank
  • Stop to get milk & eggs
  • Get a manicure
  • Prepare dinner
  • Make it to the gym with C 
  • Pack a bag of warmer fall clothes to take to Big G tomorrow for Senior Day
  • Make a goodies treat for G
  • Do laundry
  • Download new tunes for my MP3 (time permitting)

I'll hold off on my standard Friday indulgence for a couple glasses of wine, post-poning that for Sunday when I hope to have more time to rest, unplug and enjoy it.

The clock is running ...

Wooden Shoe Like to Know - OPI


2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wowerz girl - you remind me of my friend Reechie. I always wonder where she hides the clone of herself since she gets done what two women would normally get done. That's you as well!

T said...

I gotta meet Reechie some day too!

:O