First of all, Big G came home this weekend since he didn't have a game ... thrilled my heart to have him home with us again. It's cool to look out the window and see his little orange Kia parked on the street. Makes my heart smile.
(It made Chessie smile too!)
So C, a freshman, has to dress for tonight's game along with the varsity, even though he won't get playing time. It's what Freshman Athletes do to earn their stripes and support the team... AFTER ALL! So I prepared him a quick bagged dinner and ran it down to the field house for him earlier this evening. G eagerly agreed to help my husband handle the video duty for tonight's game, giving him a chance to hit his ol' stomping grounds and catch up with the coaches after the game at the field house. My oldest is hanging out with his friends tonight.
So. That leaves me having THE NIGHT TO MYSELF. A FRIDAY NIGHT TO DO EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO DO -- or nothing at all. I choose. SUH-WEET.
I've spent a few hours making a homemade gift for my friend/neighbor who is moving away to SC. My other neighbor is hosting a going-away dinner for her tomorrow night, so I'm trying to get it finished by the deadline. Love being able to satisfy that creative/artsy passion within me. This is one of the ways I hope to be able to spend my time one of these days when I retire. "Life is Art."
As I work and paint, enjoy my wine, I listen to a CD I burned earlier -- Johannes Linstead, Boney James, Wynton Marsalis, a variety of CHILLIN tunes. It just dawned on me that I haven't had anything to eat for dinner; strange, but I'm not hungry. No appetite whatsoever. Wine has hit the spot. A nice bit of yummy cheese would be a nice complement.
I'll finish up my gift project, and then I'll do a few chores, maybe practice my realtime dictation a bit more before grabbing my Kindle and doing a bit of reading before bed.
It's the perfect Friday evening.
Simple pleasures.
cheers!
3 comments:
That sounds like the perfect evening.
Evenings alone are the best!
How was the wine? I love your pics and posts. They bring me happiness and remind me to RELAX.
The wine was lovely. I'm a red wine lover all the way, and I was introduced to Spanish reds and tempranillo a while back, developing a fondness for this type of wine ever since. Spied this one in a wine store on a recent trip to NC, Nostrada. It's always fun to try something new.
Relaxation is as important to inner health as fitness and exercise is to the combined inner/outer health. Our minds need to be emptied and pacified regularly.
I'm happy that I could offer this encouragement to you.
Post a Comment