I had no lean protein prepared this morning to take for my lunch (I usually prepare lean protein a few days in advance for simplicity), and I was in a huge hurry to get out the door and to work on time, having a few stops to make on the way. What to do!
Have eggs, will travel. Eureka! I whipped up a
Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancake
I then placed it in a ziploc and tossed it in my purse. Out the door I go. Done!
4 egg whites
2 Tbs Trutein Cinnabun whey protein powder
2 oz canned pumpkin
10 grams old
fashioned oats
1 healthy shake of
cinnamon
Dash of ground
cloves
1/2 packet of
Splenda (optional)
8 chopped, toasted
almonds *
(*I toast these in the oven ahead of
time and keep them in a container in my pantry)
Whisk ingredients
together. Pour into pan
sprayed with Pam, on low heat. Brown lightly. Flip, repeat. Done.
This tasted SO GOOD as my second meal, i.e., lunch, if you will. I nuked it for about 15 secs and devoured it with a cup of green tea. Hit the spot, and was SO SATISFYING!
These are the Fitday totals using 4 egg whites. Perfectly balanced. Amazingly easy and delicious!
These are the Fitday totals using 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg:
Until the next time ...


1 comment:
Oh my! I think I have pumpkin pancakes in my future. :)
Post a Comment