I feed her. I bathe her. I am usually the one that sees to her needs -- mostly. By default anyway. Being fitness minded, I know that being a small dog, she can put weight on rather easily, and excess weight is not good for her heart -- shortening her lifespan. She's rarely given "people food," with the exception of vegetables, apples, an egg yolk now and then and the occasional bone from leftovers. My oldest son, however, slips her food now and then. She's just like humans; the more "crap" she eats, the more she wants, and she starts boycotting her dog food, which is a BIG clue (not to mention her expanding mid section) that someone is not following the house rules: Thou shalt not feed Chessie people food.
So I find it necessary now and then to issue a public service announcement within the household to "cut it out." No more junk, she's getting fat, and she's refusing to eat her dog food.
C (youngest son) became concerned the last time I found it necessary to issue the warning. (He too is very fitness minded.) He defensively pleaded that he was NOT feeding her people food. I informed him that his brother slips stuff to her all the time behind our backs.
He decided to take matters in his own hands. I couldn't resist snapping a picture of our message board on the fridge:
(Sporting her longer 'do)
No comments:
Post a Comment