Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Calm You Seek

It's funny how life is.  Sometimes we are on the receiving end of assurances.  Sometimes we are the one giving those assurances. 

Being the one on the giving end, I sometimes find myself at a loss for words, the right words, wanting what I say to have substance ... not just -- words.  Fluff.  But real and lasting substance.  A message that will stick.  A message that buries itself into the soul of the listener and elevates the mind, the spirit, their very will.  Breath to a weakening flame.

Driving down the highway, thinking about what I wanted to say when I spoke to this person, I found myself repeating the words that once were shared with me.  It was a moment that seemed to stand still.  In a word?  Powerful... like being the one to discover an ancient inscription on the walls of a cave.   It was as if I were on the receiving end of those words once again, hearing them for the first time.  Like hearing MUSIC for the first time.  That big.  Like a song that's been written just for me, its lyrics playing over and over in my mind.

Overcome with the memories, the gratitude ... I felt compelled to memorialize that moment.  I had no choice.  You just don't let these moments slip you by...

The Calm You Seek



1 comment:

Deborah said...

Lovely lovely.

And I watched the SM song all the way through. Loved it.