So once again I found myself getting bored with my ongoing task of proofreading, wandering over to my unread issue of More Magazine. A headline on the cover caught my eye:
What to
Wear
at 30,
40, 50
The Yes,
No, Maybe, Never
Fashion Guide
According to More Magazine's fashion editor, women in their 50's should "not" wear ripped jeans. Granted it was not indicated as a definite "never," but in any event, the word "no" was clearly indicated. No reason given. No accompanying guidelines, exceptions or conditions.
Just plain and simple.
No
Well, More Magazine Fashion Editor, this 50-Something diva respectfully disagrees.
And I guess I'll just have to (proudly) be a fashion rogue.
My bargain purchases this
week—
love those seasonal sales!
Plum-n-black animal
print RL dress
and Nine West neutral
pumps
Yay Me!


3 comments:
you're a rock star.
I know! I just LOVE it (not) when they tell us what we can't wear. You have a rocker style I think and also believe you rock those ripped jeans. So there stupid magazine.
I do know there are pitfalls to being in our 50s, but you are doing it good.
I'm in my 50s (deeper in than you I think) and this is the longest I've ever had my hair. I know a couple of my girlfriends are not loving it, but I say BLOW ME! lol Not really, but you know what I mean.
And what do THEY know?
I love your longer length!
I say: If we 50-somethings take care of it -- keep it shiny, healthy, trimmed and vibrant -- we've earned the right to flaunt the cock-a-doodle- "do" !
Post a Comment