I love antique phone booths.
I've always thought it would be urban-cool to have one.
Oh, would THAT would be an awesome find.
Some day phone booths will be a thing of the past,
remembered only in history books and photos...
antique stores.
That's too bad.
There's something about the human voice
that will be lost in all of this texting and emailing technology.
Something sexy and timeless.
Solid.
Stimulating.
Genuine.
You have to hear the voice for the message to get truly sent.
The happiest conversation is that of which
nothing is distinctly remembered,
but a general effect of pleasing impression.
nothing is distinctly remembered,
but a general effect of pleasing impression.
~ Samuel Johnson

1 comment:
When I first got divorced in 2004 and began dating in 2005 I joined Match.com. My chronology I came up with was
1. Can he write a sentence? Form a thought.
2. What he sounded like on the phone
3. Then the date zero
That talking on the phone was key for me. I'm so sorry for all the young uns that only text. Hell, I can't believe the women I know closer to my age that are dating now that go on dates without talking on the phone. WTH?
I am totally with you on this.
Post a Comment