Can't believe it's been almost one week ago since Live on The Levee.
It turned out to be a great evening -- good company, a yummy, light dinner on the grill (just my style), a couple of beers, and wrapping up down on the Levee with "Toothless Ruth."
Okay. So I'm sure this group has sound reasons for this ridiculous name, but uh... really? Toothless Ruth? I had no idea what to expect from that name, but I was pleasantly surprised -- their lead vocalist sounded almost identical to Steve Perry. Very cool! Definitely a "rock" band, many of their songs from Journey, Styx, Aerosmith. Works for me.
Yeah...such great music in that era... I miss it. "Lady." I don't think I'll ever grow tired of listening to that timeless romantic rock ballad. Same for songs like Wicked Games (Chris Isaak), Love Look What You've Done to Me (Boz Skaggs), Miss You (Stones), Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith), Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen), Dream On (Aerosmith), Bennie and the Jets (Elton John), Start Me Up (Stones)... and the list goes on and on. The great artists and classics of yesteryear. Those were GOOD TIMES.
I'l be doing Live on the Levee again later this summer. Hoping for some jazz at some point. I won't hold my breath. Not wildly popular in these parts. But stranger things have happened.
Heading to the levee from across the river ...
A shot from the bridge, facing east
... and facing west, seduced by the brink of sunset
This would be Toothless Ruth
Those boaters had the BEST seats!
Night sets in on the river
happy people everywhere...
...and the love affair resumes ...
Mesmerized by the energy of the atmosphere
heading back across the bridge...
twinkling reflections of city AND river night life in the water
Let's do it again, my friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment