Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Night Live

It's frustrating to me when I want to purge in my blog, yet life gets in the way and there just isn't enough time.  Thoughts... all these thoughts and words and just STUFF that pops in my head that I want to write about.  They fill up my head and then have nowhere to go... when I'm too busy to write.  The need to purge, to breathe, to exhale to empty.  It's what sets it apart.  Don't just write...one must write from the heart.



I try to remember to jot reminders on my NOTE app on my iPhone.
Don't let this escape, I say to myself...
 
I'm headed to PA this weekend to see my son -- first time in two months.
We have tickets to see the Pirates vs. Cardinals on Sunday!!!
Woooohoooo.
I was thinking the other morning as I was getting dressed for work:
What could top this, getting to see this high-energy game with my family?
And then my mind darted instantly to music.
Imagine that.
Of course music is gonna have something to do with the perfect dream.
I imagined Toni Braxton singing the Star Spangled Banner at the game.
Right!  Toni Braxton?
Dream on, T.
 
It's fun to dream.
 
(Pause...for a sip of wine)
Delish.
 
Checking off things on my day's agenda, one by one.
It's been a day of accomplishments as well as relaxing.
I'm blessed to have been able to take the day off...have this day to myself.
For myself.
I sleep in.  I leisurely lather in coffee.  Then I head to the gym and kick ass.
I Skype with Zach...!!!...
(imagine my heart on a playground swing, riding high as the clouds...how high can I go?)
 
Among the other things I managed to accomplish?
Homemade macaroni & cheese for Son #3.
Oh, he's gonna kiss my feet for this stuff!
I gloat.
 
(Another sip of wine)
 
But the list is not finished...there's more to do
before heading out to his football game tonight.
So.  I will end with some live music to kick off the weekend
from one of my favorite artists.
 
Can you imagine having a gift such as this?
Where DOES that voice come from?
 
Happy Friday, World.
Sing like nobody's listening...
 
 
 



1 comment:

Deborah said...

Your weekend sounds like a perfect family time.

Yay t-Pretty!