A dear close GF from the gym stopped by around 8. She's going through some tough issues and needed to unload, needed an ear, a shoulder, a heart willing to listen. I listened. I let her purge. I shared back. And then without a hitch, I subtley adjusted the tenor, rerouting her to happy things and laughter and girl stuff. We so get each other. She is a mirror of my soul.
The next morning my husband and I skyped with Zach from Japan...that is, after I managed to arouse Rip Van Winkle ... he's NEVER slept in so late! What's up with THAT. I kept skype messaging Zach, wait, he's still not up...wait, he's still not up ... and then, "Omg, this is ridiculous...give me two seconds, I'm getting his ass up!" An hour of chatting and laughing flew by. He's so precious to me. I miss him so.

I headed to the gym and nailed my glute/hamstring workout.
I sat in the sun for 45 mins in the afternoon, listening to tunes, and reading magazines.
I cleaned the back screened porch and then fired up the blower to hasten the drying process where puddles had formed on the porch floor ... I get it how men like their machines, their lawn gadgets and tools ... I feel so powerful with that thing...it's loud and spirited ... sort of the way I get at times? ARGGH!!!
My youngest son spent the evening having fun (overdue) with friends, and I headed off for a planned Girls Night Out with a group of girls from my gym. I was singing and
And this afternoon, trying to get caught up with chores, I get a text from Gavin, my middle son, who was spending the afternoon at The Irish Festival in PA (I'm jealous!). Gavin is ALL THINGS IRISH. He has always been obsessed with Irish anything. He snaps a picture of this name plaque at the festival...His accompanying text message:
Wow. It's exactly me.
And he's right. It is. Every.Single.Line.
It's been a great weekend. And with the expectation of change in seasons...it's only gonna get better.
My heart overflows with gratefulness.
1 comment:
This sounds like such a perfect day. Perfect!
Post a Comment