Stephan Moccio
I discovered this artist on Pandora.
(among so many other newly discovered passions)
THIS was my first exposure to him...
October
Okay. So if you can listen to this song and NOT be moved emotionally,
you need to check your pulse.
I waited until this month to showcase this artist in my blog since
"October"
was my first love.
Yet all of his music is absolutely soul-stirring.
And that face? Those eyes? That hair?
What's NOT to love?
And since there are no lyrics to this song,
Ajay
I will just use the words to the poem you have shared with me in my blog on my last post,.
A Vagabond Song.
Thank you...I may never have heard of that poem if not for YOU.
A Vagabond Song
Thomas Wolfe
There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood—
Touch of manner, hint of mood;
And my heart is like a rhyme,
With the yellow and the purple and the crimson keeping time.
The scarlet of the maples can shake me like a cry
Of bugles going by.
And my lonely spirit thrills
To see the frosty asters like a smoke upon the hills.
There is something in October sets the gypsy blood astir;
We must rise and follow her,
When from every hill of flame
She calls and calls each vagabond by name.
4 comments:
Oh I didn't know Thomas Wolfe wrote poetry! He is one of my long-time, long ago favorites. Have you ever read Look Homeward Angel? So perfect.
October definitely is my favorite month.
Have I read Look Homeward Angel?
Shamefully, no. Is this something that needs to go on my must-do list?
It's wordy, but so beautifully written. I am a Thomas Wolfe lover.
But here I am still wielding my way through Anna Karenina. So bad.
Well you had me at "beautifully written." Now I'll need to check it out at the library.
It may have to wait until that rare moment when I have the luxury of totally disconnecting, allowing me to savor each and every beautiful word. I long for those moments...
Post a Comment