Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Time Well Spent for a Good Cause


“A committee is a thing which takes a week to do
what one good man
(or woman)
can do in an hour.”
Edward Hubbard

All of last week was spent at our court reporter continuing education seminar.  During our business meeting I was nominated as treasurer of the state association.  I'm not going to tell my husband.  He'll have me impeached.  I have a very ugly track record with numbers.  I'm a word person.  I'm not a numbers person.  Feeling obliged to warn them of their assumed risk, everyone assured me that the job was not at all involved and my duties would be very limited.  Hmmm.  We'll see.  

At the same seminar, I also volunteered to serve on a committee that will be collecting data and statistics to address some ongoing issues that we are facing, and once compiled, the committee will be meeting with a panel of judges to hopefully arrive at a mutually acceptable outcome when all is said and done.  This WILL be very involved, and I knew it when I volunteered.  But I feel very passionately about these issues.  I want to see progress.  I wanted to be assured that those serving on the committee would not let this linger, drag their feet, and six months down the road show up and announce that little if anything had been done in working towards resolutions.  I've already spent several hours leafing through documents, researching and compiling notes and input.  It's consuming all of my spare time.  But I think I'm on a roll.  The brakes have long since stopped working.

Yikes.  That means little time left for blogging or doing other things that serve as a means of escape for me.  I can't escape.  Too late for that.  I'm caught in the middle of this web, and my work is cut out for me.  But I have a very good feeling about this already, and I am confident that we will be successful in our efforts.  We will.  It's about effort.  I am thinking positive.  This is a worthwhile cause and time well spent.

But one thing is for certain:  I will not give up my workout time in the mornings.  That's "ME TIME" in ink.  

There are priorities, and there are priorities.  It's a matter of sifting.  

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so impressed!

You know, since you're the big-picture type, there are others that can handle any of the number related stuff maybe? You're the boss! Heh!

The Gray Barn said...

You will do great....you seem to be able to multitask quite well and will be an asset to this group with your enthusiasm.