Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, January 17, 2014

What's in a LIFEstyle?


This is a collage of my stuff in my office.
All the fundamental stuff that surrounds me
day after day.
It's been my LIFEstyle
Monday through Friday
for the last 30+ years.
My fringe-y bling lamp balances everything out
and just screams 
prissy
eccentric
because 
every office
needs
a certain amount
of
style

It's the first thing I do every morning
when I enter the office.
I reach over and switch on my little fringe-y bling lamp 
and its soft amber light smiles at me
making everything right with my little world.

Winter is really starting to get to me.
This year worse than last.
And last year worse than the year before.
I think that means I'm getting old(er).
And it makes me wanna switch gears.
Time for a NEW lifestyle...?
Feeling smothered here.
I gotta snap out of it.

I was listening to a very cool song on my way to work  this morning,
"Stars Fell On Alabama,"
by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong.
Now THAT'S style.

Classically awesome.

It flipped my mood to happy instantly.

Today is Friday.
I'm gonna sneak out early
and play around with my new camera.
My dumpy little point-n-shoot finally died.
Its replacement isn't top of the line by a long shot,
but I got a fabulous deal on it
and I'm having fun.
It allows me to be somewhat more creative
as I experiment.

Some day when I have a lot more time and money
I'll buy a nicer, more versatile camera.
Exploring, capturing,
it will become another facet of my new LIFEstyle.

For now, I'll just practice...
and dream a little.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I.love.that.song

I live in the north as you know; where it is dark and my mood can get that black. I die that you feel about lamps as I do! And I do because they are on a lot around me. In my office too!

This will sound weird, but check out Dr. Mercola, unless you already have, and poke around and read what he has to say about using tanning beds to help with seasonal affect disorder.

It helps.

Yesterday Scott and I went out for lunch right at noon even though we were in the middle of too-much-to-do-syndrome.

It was 0 degrees, but the air was calm, the sun was bright, and we felt a lot better when we got back to the office.

Girl - I wish we could get a cocktail!

T said...

Oh, my friend, your friendship SO illumines my life. A cocktail would be awesome..even in the cold-ass temps...and a ray of sun? Eau, yeah. Perfect.

Did not know about the Mercola thing. I'll definitely look into that!