It's raining out now.
Morning rain is so lovely, albeit muggy morning rain today!
It's okay. This stuff will be over soon, the mugginess,
and cooler temps are headed in later this evening
and for the rest of the week.
My coffee cup is empty.
I've had my vitamins.
My BCAA's are mixed up with lots of ice in my water bottle.
My gear is laid out, easy access, ready to lace 'em up.
I make this hour as painless as possible.
It's now my third day to the gym since returning.
Yesterday was arm/shoulder day.
I did lighter weights and high volume,
and I feel it working.
It took me a full two days to recover from the muscle soreness
from Saturday's leg day.
This is not a complaint; it's a victory cry.
And today is another leg day.
And I'm ready for it.
Comparing how I feel today to one week ago
-- or even five days ago --
is night and day.
I feel like myself again!
Suh-weet.
Thank you, Lord, for my health.
For the privilege of taking care of my body.
For the food that nourishes it.
For the joy that comes from pushing it.
For both the rest and the energy that comes as a result.
Thank you for the rain that falls,
washing the dirt from my mind,
cleansing me anew.
You are my Source of power.
Without You, I am nothing.
And I give you the glory.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment