Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Measure of Moxie

I'd made a trip to Home Depot a few weeks ago
when making some decisions regarding our kitchen remodel.
Every now and then I head down the lumber aisle first,
hoping to find some discounted boards 
to use for sign making.

A measure of moxie.

"...You soak up
others’ moods and desires
like a sponge.
You absorb sensation
the way a paintbrush
grasps each color it touches
on a palette..."

I scored big time that day.
A customer had asked to have some lumber custom cut, and he didn't want the leftovers, 
so they just left them in the discount bin.
When I asked the Lumber Guy how much those random boards would cost 
at the discounted rate, he said,
"They're free.  Take 'em all if you want 'em."
He went on to explain that once a customer purchases a sheet of lumber, even if they have it custom-cut before leaving the store, it's store policy that the product has been sold to a customer 
and they can't turn around and resell the remnants to another customer.
So it's free:  First come first serve.

SCORED.

My first sign made from my haul:


After painting/distressing...
I printed out the lettering for tracing.


Then I filled in the letters with paint.
The finished product.

No comments: