Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, September 20, 2014

But Then...We Always Have Fun

I spent the day in beautiful, historic Lewisburg, West Virginia,
with dear friends today.
Voted Coolest Little Town in the USA ... last year, I think?

It's where I lived for 20 years of my life.
All three sons were born there.
And I made lifelong friends.
So we reunite once a year...to remember.




We had lunch at her home.
She made us chicken salad and greens,
with fresh yummy bread from the bakery.
Home-baked pecan sandies for dessert...
(I only had one!)

Then we walked the quaint downtown streets,
shopped, talked, laughed,
oooh'd and ahhhh'd...
celebrating friendships.

Then dinner at Del Sol.
It was warm out, and we sat outside
and sipped Blue Moons
and chowed on their amazing pizzas...
I had Shrimp & Gouda pizza.
Oh.My.Yum.


And just as the sun was beginning to set,
we drove to the top of Kate's Mountain
adjacent to The Greenbrier Resort
and feasted our eyes...


I was lost in wonder at the views!

The New Orleans Saints Training Camp
at the base of Kate's Mountain


Beautiful way to end the day.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That looks and sounds like the perfect day! Those views . . . fantastic.