Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, November 3, 2014

Dreams

It's always fascinated me, our dreams.  Why we dream what we dream.  What is its significance?  And why?  What in our hearts, minds, memories, experiences calls forth the fables and fantasies in slumber.  Our body is in repose, but our minds are far from dormant.

Dreams of anxiety, fears, fantasies, romance, non-sensical adventures, goals, friends, family, childhood, travel ... and on and on.

And what of recurring dreams?  What precipitates this besiege?

It is not of our own volition.  
No control can be exercised over this involuntary intrusion 
into the deepest parts of us, at our most vulnerable.  
Unconscious.  
We cannot resolve to stopping the insanity.  
It comes uninvited, unannounced, and when we least expect it.  


I've been dreaming of mom lately.  More than usual.  I miss her at times to the point of wanting to scream out in pain from the emptiness I'm left with in her absence.
I miss you, Mom.
Can you hear me?
Do you know how much I miss you?
I need to know that you are happy.
That all YOUR dreams have come true in heaven.
The dreams that never came true here on earth.
I wish I could have done more for you.

I've written a zillion love letters to you in my dreams.
Do you ever get them?  



1 comment:

Deborah said...

oh hugs my dear friend